These are definitely the FLUFFIEST pancakes I have ever had or made! It is embarrassing how excited I was whilst making these and they are ridiculously easy. The ricotta adds a lovely richness and the lemon flavour is spot on – the perfect brunch!
I only used 2 eggs as the original recipe called for 3, which seemed a bit too much and would make the batter too runny. The consistency of this batter was perfect to form the thick, fluffy texture I was looking for.
The tanginess of the lemon works great with honey or maple syrup, so feel free to drizzle these babies with a spoonful!
Lemon Ricotta Pancakes (16 x 12cm diameter pancakes)
Recipe adapted from Cooking Classy
- 1 1/2 cups self raising flour
- 3 1/2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup ricotta
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tbsp lemon zest
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp oil
- Mix the dry ingredients until combined and make a well in the centre.
- Add all of the wet ingredients into the well, use a whisk (which helps to remove lumps), and being whisking the wet ingredients and slowly incorporating the flour mixture.
- Heat a non-stick pan with a light coating of oil, and pour about 2-3 tablespoons of batter for each pancake.
- When the underside is golden brown and bubbles form on the surface, flip the pancakes over for another 1-2 minutes.
- Serve warm with a drizzle of honey, maple syrup or jam.